Update on Book 3

I know it has been a while since I posted on here, but I have been busy – in good ways. Getting married, moving, and entering into a busy time at my day job have all kept me running as fast as I can just to keep up, and I have slacked off posting here.

The good news is that I am actively working on Book 3. I have the basic outline worked out and the first three chapters plotted out in detail. (One day soon I will write a post about my writing process and this will make more sense to you.) Once I have three chapters outlined in detail, I start writing until I finish those three chapters. Then I plot the next three, and keep moving that way.

I am almost finished with writing the first chapter – about 20 pages in at this point.  Once I get going, I make steady progress. I don’t have a ton of time to write each day, but when I am in writing mode, I try to get in a couple of pages every day and it starts to add up quickly.

So, anyway, that is the current status of book 3. I promise you it will be worth the wait. 🙂 If I get enough people interested, I may be persuaded to post a beta version of Chapter 1 later on for those who request it.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Update on Book 3

1. Jessica says:

I have no doubt you’ll have us all biting our nails ever so patiently for some details:)! Thanks for the update!

2. tiya says:

I recently discoved the books…and I will say bravo I read both books in 28 hrs couldn’t put them down thank goodness they r on my kindle..can not wait for #3

• Brant says:

Hey Tiya! That’s fantastic that you read both of them so quickly! I love that feeling when I can’t stop reading a book, and I think it’s great when I hear of people having that kind of experience with my books. Please pass the word on to your friends. Word of mouth is the best kind of advertising. 🙂

3. beta of chapters? I am good at spotting other people’s spelling mistakes, I would be happy to help! Grammatical errors I can help with a little…however, I am terrible at writing things myself, lol

4. bonnie says:

OK, I read the first book. Then I read the second book. I don’t think I can wait for the third book to come out. I’d love a beta version of chapter one!!! What do we have to do to get it? I think it would be a good Christmas present. What are you doing tomorrow???

• Brant says:

Bonnie – I’m still debating on the beta version of Chapter 1. Part of me would love to let people read it, but the perfectionist part of me wants to wait until I am farther on in the book and have had a chance to go back and polish it up. Hmmmm. Obviously not in time for Christmas, but maybe sometime in the not too distant future… 🙂

5. geeb says:

Erm, herro! I’m awaiting this third book! Looking forward to seeing the sneak peek!!

• Brant says:

Well, I guess when I throw out the possibility of a sneak peak I should be prepared to make good on it. Hmmm. I’m still trying to talk myself into it. I need some more time. 😀

6. Ami says:

I can’t wait for the third book! I will have to skip the sneak peak, if you decide to do it, because I want the whole book! 🙂

• Brant says:

Thanks, Ami! I can totally understand that. I typically try to wait so I can enjoy a new book all at once… and then temptation strikes. That’s when I discover how weak I really am. 🙂

7. Nancy says:

Can’t wait for book 3! I started and finished book one today and am almost halfway through book two. Very cool series!

• Brant says:

Thanks, Nancy! That is some very fast reading! I’m glad to you like the series. I’ve been having fun working on Book 3. I just need more time in my life. 🙂

8. Jean says:

I boughts one and two for my son and I read them too. We are anxiously awaiting book three!

• Brant says:

Jean – Perfect! I love hearing that parents and kids are both reading them. I wanted to write a book that my kids could read, and that I could read (and enjoy) as an adult. Since I don’t have Bonds That Break ready, here is a small tidbit that I will tell you – the first chapter takes place by a giant statue of buddah outside of Hong Kong. And yes, it is a real place.