Book One: Threads that Bind

Cover -- Book OneAt 16, Madison has accepted herself for who she is: smart and witty, but overweight with thick glasses and the social life of a Tibetan monk. Everything changes the summer before her junior year of high school when her eyesight inexplicably corrects itself, and she begins to rapidly lose weight. However, her new look comes with an unexpectedly expensive price. Madison’s first kiss with the boy she has had a crush on for years triggers powers she can’t control, almost killing him.

She discovers she is a Berserker, a powerful being chosen to guard the world from the Havocs, ancient creatures brought into our world by magic thousands of years ago. They cause destruction and death, but cannot be killed. Only the Berserkers’ life-blood can bind – and free – the Havocs. One Havoc is free and wants Madison’s blood to free another. Instead of enjoying her new look and popularity at school, Madison must now work with the Berserkers to master her powers and bind the Havoc before it kills her.

Oh, and if that weren’t bad enough, it turns out she is the first female Berserker since, well − ever.

Get your copy at Amazon.  Just click here.

13 Responses to Book One: Threads that Bind

1. Cindy says:

I got this a free book on Kindle. Loved it, couldn’t wait to get to book 2, which I just finished. Sad, but good. Looking forward to #3.

2. matt says:

Please hurry…..my wife and I are dying waiting for it…thank you

• Brant says:

Matt – That’s great that you and your wife read the books! I am working away on the third book. I think it will be worth the wait. 🙂

3. Sarah says:

My best friend, my sister, and myself absolutely loved the fist two books. This is coming from teenagers. So left on edge. Any hints as to when the next book comes out??? I didn’t see it on Amazon.

• Brant says:

Sarah – glad to hear you liked it and that you are in the target audience. 🙂 I know I left things up in the air. I am currently working on Bonds That Break, the next book in the series. I am hoping to have it ready by late summer, but there are many variables that come into play so I can’t give out a precise date. As soon as I know any concrete details for release dates, I will send out something to my mailing list and post on the website. Thanks for reading and spreading the word!

4. Will your books be coming out on Kobo? I am interested in reading this series, but do not have a kindle.

• Brant says:

Darlene, Unfortunately there are no immediate plans to release them on Kobo. By keeping them Amazon exclusive, I have some tools available to boost visibility (giveaways, countdown, etc.) that otherwise would not be available. At some point that may change, but not in the immediate future. In the meantime there are print versions available if that is of interest to you. Thanks!

5. Tara Westbrook says:

I cried when Rhys died in book 3. Soul mates can’t die and leave the other one alone on earth, and Rhys and Madison are indeed soul mates.

6. Tara Westbrook says:

Will you be making the books in to movies at some point?

• Brant says:

Tara – I would love to have the books turned into a movie. If someone from Hollywood approached me about it, I would certainly be open to the idea. Right now the books need more visibility before they will draw the attention of Hollywood producers. But perhaps someday… 🙂

7. Tara Westbrook says:

Have you ever thought about telling Rhys’ story next? Write the story again but this time have it be Rhys telling the story, instead of Madison. I know I always wondered what Rhys was thinking all though the books.

• Brant says:

Tara – This comment somehow slipped through without me noticing it. I have thought about that. I don’t know that I will be able to write an entire book from Rhys’ perspective, but it might be fun to do a short story or a novelette. If I did, I would probably do something completely new that I didn’t write about before – maybe an encounter that happened between the end of Unbound and the beginning of Bonds That Break. There is quite a bit of room to detail out what happened there.